1968 Cougar disc brake conversion . 14" original wheels wont fit?

Good afternoon , I was wondering if any body has had any knowledge on being able to reuse the 14 " wheels on a disc brake conversion kit . We would like to re use the original hub caps but now the disc brake kit supplier is saying we need to replace the 14" wheels with 15" wheels . We would like to keep the look of the original wheel with hub cap . Any input would be apricated ! Thank you for your time and input .

Pretty much only the original KH 4 piston factory discs work with 14" wheels.

Aside from some imports, I don’t know of brakes that would fit inside those wheels, and modding your car to take Honda brakes or some other nonsense would not be fun nor reasonable.

Granada brakes will work with 14" wheels, but you need to have about 1/8" machined off the outer diameter of the bearing snout on the rotors.

Are the KH 4 available ?

Check with Chockostang. They may be able to better guide you.
I have seen another site that deals with Kelsey-Hayes 4 piston calipers, but can’t remember who they are.

Fits 14" wheels: Disc brake conversion kit

Check here for the 4-piston brake conversion:

Classic Services Restoration Parts (Swap1) (discbrakeswap.com)

(They also have the Granada brake swap kits)

Mine would fit with extremely light clearance. That is with 11" rotors. It was such a low clearance that I didn’t drive it. I had keystone ‘crager’ steel chrome wheels. However, the lower control arm set up is different on the 68 than the 67, so the clearance may be somewhat better.

1967 and earlier 14" wheels do not work with Granada conversion kits. Any of the later 14" wheels fit fine.

The 1968 factory disc brake cars came with wheels that had a groove around the inner circumference that provided clearance for the 1968-73 single-piston caliper. If you use a factory '68 style caliper, you will need at least two of these wheels for the front.
If you convert to the 1967 KH style 4-piston caliper, it should clear your original 14" wheels.

I have the Chockostang conversion with 14" wheels. The wheels fit great, but the center cap on the 14" Magnum 500 wheels cannot be mounted. The wheel bearing dust cap does not have enough clearance. I bought wheel spacers, but haven’t mounted them yet to see if that works.