1968 Cougar- parts car- Need it gone! College Station, Texas

1968 Mercury Cougar VIN 8R91F517259
First person with $1000 cash OBO and a trailer gets it.
We need it gone ASAP.

Bill of Sale ONLY.
We’ve owned the car for over 23 years.
No idea where the title is.

This is a plain vanilla Cougar.

The notable variance is that an aftermarket air conditioner was installed by a classic car place in Houston when it was running. Some of the parts from that system may be among the parts that could be salvaged.

It was running as a daily driver until parked 6 or 7 years ago. It began to occasionally stall, and we parked it instead of selling it (a marital compromise).

It was hit by a neighbor’s tree about 2 years ago and took forever to get insurance stuff settled.

Now we need it gone, as quickly as possible. The HOA has their nickers in a twist. We can move it elsewhere and store it, but it’s time to let this one go.

If you need a donor car, there may be a few things of use. I’m not promising much. I’m not asking for much.
12northgate12@gmail.com
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1fRKwrlBBikaE3isC3sbBnWQZEZs_W31C?usp=sharing

interested. sent email

I think the wheel covers are the Dan Gurney / Sports Special / Turbine version 1967-68 ( and 1969 ? ). Maybe that adds a ‘modicum’ of desirability to this vanilla cat ?

Could you post a picture of the rear of the car please?

Better rear pics and a pic of under dash aftermarket A/C.

What’s under the hood pics?

Others may want to know.

Just added nighttime engine pics. But they’re pics.

I wasn’t really planning to list this for sale like a regular car. After the hassle with the tree, the fence, the garage, the Cougar, and insurance and the neighbor and…

I decided last minute to try to find someone in a Cougar forum who had interest. My first thought wasn’t to list it for sale but to have it hauled off. But then any usable parts to save other Cougars would be lost. Hopefully someone sees enough here to find it a pasture or a barn in Texas for it to rest in and have its parts raided for the greater good.

1 Like

I would be all over this if it wasn’t over 1000 miles away

same if it was just a tad closer. hopefully someone close can grab it.

Sold!

It was bought by a Mustang owner who hasn’t decided if the Cougar is a donor to keep his Mustang alive, or he’s another '67-'68 Cougar find away from having a cousin car as a playmate to his current car. Either way, the classic Ford/Mercury car family will be sustained.

Thanks for looking.

1 Like