1968 Cougar polar while 302 standard

Check out the 68 Cougar I put up for sale.

1968 Mercury Cougar - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle automotive… (craigslist.org)

Looks like a really great Cougar.

Nice 68 Cougar. Polar white with black interior. Standard model. 302-2V with automatic transmission. Power disc brakes, Power steering and factory Air conditioning. This is a nice entry level Cougar. Decent paint and very solid. Like most 55 year old cars it does have a couple minor spots of rust. Behind both rear wheels, in front of driver’s rear wheel and driver’s door. These spots are a result of plugged drain holes, not salt! West coast car. Originated in California before Washington. The spots needing repair are small and could be blended below the body lines. Absolutely no rust in floors, trunk, cowls or engine compartment. This is not a GT. Badges were added by previous owners. Hood scoop also added by PO. Interior is super clean. Nice carpet, uncracked dash pad, clean instrument cluster, no tears in headliner. Pro Car seats installed prior to my ownership. Engine and transmission rebuilt 40K ago. Both run excellent. Has headers with dual exhaust. All new power steering hoses. Front and rear suspension rebuilt by previous owner. Car is tight and tracks well down road. Electric headlight motors have also been installed. Aluminum 15" Magnum wheels with BFG Radials.

If you are looking for a clean, mechanically sound Cougar this is the car for you. Get in and drive the wheels off it! Email for more information. Many additional photos and a Marti Report are available to serious buyers. Include your phone number. I will not respond to “is it available”. Ad will be deleted when sold. $17000 OBO.

Car has been SOLD.