1968 Cougar XR7 4-speed all original

The confusion on Vinyl tops being standard on XR7s likely came from 1971 Cougars. In 1971, XR7s came with a 1/2 vinyl top always, unless it was a “vinyl top delete”, or vinyl top full. My 1971 J code XR7 Cougar in black is a vinyl top delete car.

That makes sense to me. Thanks for sharing this information.

My 71 xr7 is a vinyl top delete car too… oddly enough the delete doesn’t show up on the marti but it does show it as a delete with a $50 credit on the window sticker. Not having a vinyl top saved the car too… the roof is perfect

GENTLEMEN, this is a FOR SALE POST NOT A DISCUSSION BOARD! You fill my ad with this BS and it takes away from me selling my car because of all your “ so called knowledge “ on vinyl tops. If you want to discuss vinyl tops take it to the community’s board NOT MY AD! I had a gentleman cancel from coming to look at the car because he believed all you “ so called experts” and told me that he did not want a car that the vinyl roof was missing from. THANKS A LOT GENTLEMAN !

I’m interested in the car. But, don’t cry when I leave and rev it up and dump the clutch and give it the love that it needs! :ylsuper: :flamer: :ylsuper: :ylsuper: :dance: :dance: :smiley:

This sure isn’t going to help you. I guess the compliments on your car should be omitted, too? Or is that ok? Don’t want your ad filled with BS, now.

The good thing is that all the commentary keeps this post at the top of the feed, the bad thing is that some of it is just folks showing off needlessly. The good thing is that you’re able to post something for sale here with the enthusiast community with a low post count, the bad thing is that you have to put up with enthusiasts here. I think the post was free though, wasn’t it? What’s a listing on BringATrailer or Hemmings cost?

Only one person who was clearly not an expert said anything about a vinyl top being standard on your car. The rest of the “so-called experts” were supporting you by trying to set him straight. If you misinterpret that as interfering with the sale of your car, that’s on you. You posted documentation proving the way your car was delivered which trumps any post made from anyone on this topic. Blaming this forum and its active participants for some guy giving you a line of BS about why he wasn’t going to buy your car is ignorant. Good luck with the sale of your Cougar.

Okay guys, thank you for all your replies, I am just a woman that is totally a car nut that loves her cars and I have had a lot of muscle cars in my 70 years. BUT you still highjacked my for sale ad and is just not right, as were some of your comments. I guess this forum is more for the boys and their toys then us women for love fast cars. Sorry if what I posted upset you. Believe me when I say this: enjoy the forum. I will stop posting and leave the next comments posted by my husband when he wants to talk to you all.

I am amused. Free bump to top of “for sale” for you.

I saw this car at Carlisle inside the building the other year and it is everything the owner says it is.Super nice original car. Not many left like this,I’m sure. Good luck with the sale.

This could make the GTE clone I’ve always wanted,!!!

Sent you a PM Blue68Cat

Did not get you pm please call meat443-392-5742

SALE PENDING 4-9-21

Car sold 4-14-21. Thanks to all of you that posted kind comments on my car without straying from the subject of the car being for sale.

What was the sale price?

Congratulations. I hope it is going to a new home that will continue to appreciate and maintain its originality.

Nice car …and hope it stays a low mileage original. I remember seeing it back in 2017 at Carlisle. It would have been tempting to retrofit it with power steering and power disc brakes but then it would no longer be an original and therein lies its value. Congrats to the seller and good luck to the new owner.

Sold at 35K