1968 Hertz XR7-G for sale

1968 Hertz XR7-G for sale. One of 188 Hertz Rent- A- Racers. Engine bent a valve and the piston hit the valve many moons ago. Top end was disassembled and the car sat for many years in Texas. Car suffered from rust damage from all the years sitting. I have replaced the roof skin with an original roof with the factory sunroof. Sun roof functionally works. Floor pans have also been replaced. Cowl needs replaced as well as the trunk floors and the battery tray. Car comes with new cowl. Also, there is one small hole in the passenger front frame rail that will need to be repaired.

Car is mostly complete. G specific items missing is the 3rd horn and the exhaust tips. Some engine parts missing from original disassembly. Power steering pump and bracket, AC bracket, radiator and AC condenser and the distributor is missing. Car retains it’s original numbered transmission. I’m pretty sure it’s the original engine but the damaged passenger cylinder head that has the serial number on it did not come with the car. A replacement cylinder head has been installed without valves and retainers. Car comes with a new dash pad installed.

For those that are serious, I have plenty more pics available. If you are truly serious, I would recommend that you have someone come and see the car and inspect it. I am up front on the condition of the car! It will take a good amount to restore this beauty. Car is located in So. Cal. $18,000

2 Likes

How do I contact you? I’m located in Hawaii

You can call or text me at 949-922-2553. Thanks
Zoli