1968 XR-7 Diamond Blue 76K Miles

WCCC purchased this car to do several how-to videos on this spring. It checks all the boxes for an inexpensive first generation Cougar. It is VERY original, 100% rust free and has several sought after options like AC, disc brakes and of course the coveted XR-7 package. The car has 76k original miles and shows really well with only one quality ($10k) repaint performed in the late 1990’s. The original owner was a lady who received the car as an anniversary gift and drove it very little. We are not done with our series of videos on the car but thought we would offer it now so as to be able to dial it in as per the new owners specifications. Asking $20k in its present form. Contact Don at (503) 463-1130.

I wish my XR7 looked this original for 20 Grand. I am far beyond that, ha!
A benchmark car for certain. Very Nice

It was professionally repainted in 1992. The car was at the New Mexico CCOA Nationals in 1993 and the Dallas CCOA Nats in 1994 and Louisville CCOA Nats in 1995. It trophied at all three. The car was truly exceptional when original, it has always been babied by each of its owners.

Looks a lot like mine, Don, and equally rare in color choice - REALLY exceptional.

I had a long conversation with Ray, the guy who had it painted in 1989 and owned it for over a decade. He said he bought the car from a lady who had been given it for a 20th anniversary gift in 1968 and it was very much loved. The one thing that I love about it is every piece of glass looks NOS, not even a water spot! In our region we do not salt the roads but we sand them and after about 50k miles the windshield looks tired / sand blasted. I do not like the front seats… Redone in glove soft leather and lacks depth, does not match the rear at all. It has only been driven 16k miles since 1989.

Sale Pending!