1968 XR7 GT Oddball

I picked the car up last weekend and over the summer plan on fixing everything to have a fun toy. After picking up the car I thought It is kind of odd to see a car with a black painted top that is not a vinyl top.

The motor that is with the car is a 1966 block, stamped 352, which has been rebuilt, not sure what crank is in it.
The heads are 1968 C8AE-H 390-428 heads
The car needs the Leather seats recovered, carpet, headliner, dash pad, the normal 50 year old car refresh.
Of course it needs era correct wheels, and some fresh paint.

After surfing the forums, I haven’t seen another 2 tone car yet, besides the GTE with the silver/grey bottom colors.

Interesting that they still installed the vinyl top trim. Looks like a nice car. Good luck with it.

The car appears to be in original paint but I’m not sure if the trim is sopposed to be like that or not.

I like that color combo. Really like it!

That’s two tone paint trim. Its like a pot metal trim painted roof color.

It’s the same trim used on vinyl top cars and it is part of the two tone package. Interesting that your Marti Report says there are six twins to your car. Four of the twins even came with the same engine / transmission combo.

There is a CCOA two tone registry that you should join.

Congratulations - that’s a great looking and unique Cougar! Not having the vinyl covered roof probably saved you some rust damage too. Agree with losing those wheels, although they are certainly unique.

https://www.facebook.com/Two-Tone-Mercury-Cougars-1967-1970-871810796173058

My first car was silver with black onyx roof.