1968 XR7 (J code)

1968 XR7 J code. Car was in California until 1997 when it came to Massachusetts (I have the black plate), it was then stored in a garage until 2017…I acquired in 2019, refurbished in 2019/2020 and finished in 2021. Car is located on Cape Cod. Reason for selling: moving on to something else.

This is an extremely solid car, had virtually no rust. I have an older set of magnum 500s to go with it. I also have a set of hedman shorty ceramic headers I did not install. All receipts from thousands of dollars of purchases, plus documents back to mid 80s documenting maintenance, with mileage logs (car has 130k original). Asking 29,000, or make me an offer.

Mechanical:

302 crate engine
New fuel tank
Rebuilt C4 trans
New tranny cooler lines
New fan shroud
New powermaster chrome alternator
New master cyl
Chrome “power by ford” valve covers
New alternator wiring harness
New battery cables
New radiator hoses w/ FoMoCo logo
Scott drake billet throttle linkage
New upper control arms
New lower control arms
New sway bar end links
New inner & outer tie rods
New front springs
New spring perches
New front & rear shocks
Chrome shock mounts
Export brace
New brakes
Solid state sequential turn signal module, with led bulbs

EXTERIOR:

Candy Apple red paint
GT-E style hood scoop
Original, near mint windshield trim
Original, near mint drip rail trim
Original wheel lip molding
Repro chrome quarter trim (aka hockey stick trim)
New exterior mirror (Scott drake)
New mercury fender extension script
New repro XR7 pillar badges
Re-chromed front bumper
New chrome door handles
New repro rear back up lights
Solid state sequential turn signal controller
Premium LED rear tail light bulbs
Repro XR7 trunk badge w/ chrome cover
All new weather striping on doors and glass
American Racing 17”x8” Torq Thrust wheels (polished), 2 piece
Sumitomo tires, 245/50 rear 215/55 front

INTERIOR:

New carpet
New headliner
New windshield
Forever sharp steering wheel w/ walking cat logo
LED light bulbs under dash
XR7 floor mats
New trunk mat
All new weatherstripping
Original jack and lug wrench
Stainless rocker/sill covers
Dash pad not warped or cracked, but does have a cover over center speaker opening… it was broken due to California sun shine.

WHAT IT NEEDS:

Car currently has incorrect seats from a 66 mustang. They are in very good condition, but not the cougar seats. I HAVE THE ORIGINALS but they need to be reupholstered. Due to COVID supply issues, there was a shortage of the upholstery kits.

Needs the rear bumper re-chromed if you want it show quality like the front.

Needs a neutral safety switch for the rear back up lights.

Needs the map lights replaced if you want show quality chrome.

Center console clock does not work, can be rebuilt by Rocketman Cougar Parts.

Clock face console pad has a small drilled hole in it because someone had a CB radio in it when they were cool. Barely noticeable.

Needs hood hinges replaced for the hood to be flush with cowl. Not a big deal just never got around to doing it and the quality hinges were on back order for a long time…finally back in stock.

Needs the radio and speakers hooked up, speaker wire is ran to the rear tray.

Gauge lights don’t work. They do light up if you provide power to the feed wire… I believe the switch is the issue. I never drive it at night so I didn’t care.

Horn button is currently on a push button. Original horns are installed, aftermarket horn is hidden.

1 Like

I know the car. Absolutely beautiful

This seems like a great deal for someone wanting great car with minimal finish work. I can confirm this would cost you much more then asking price to get to this point!

It’s a great car and is turn key with a few minor things to keep you busy. I’m open to serious offers!

Lowered to $25k w/ offers considered. Would like to move it before winter if possible.

I’m interested in this car. I just got one this site and I’m not sure how to contact you directly yet.

Sent you a PM, check under your profile at the top for your messages.