1968 XR7 Overhead Console Warning Lights

Hello! My overhead console warning lights do not come on at all. The bulbs behind them are good … but I can’t seem to identify where the seatbelt relay is or if there’s a fuse hiding somewhere.

The passenger side door is wired in but I am also not seeing a door ajar light. The driver’s side door wiring is physically cut at present so I am not sure if both doors need to be wired in properly to fire off the door ajar light.

Low fuel light has never lit up either despite having a brand new fuel sending unit with the low fuel light wire.

Park light also DOA

Could it be something with the wiring into the starter solenoid? Is there a ‘master’ relay hiding?

Thanks!

This schematic is the only one available - it’s in the 1968 shop manual and also the Wiring Diagram book. It says there is a 7.5 amp fuse plugged into the Yellow accessory wire that has switched 12V from the ignition switch.

I was unable to find that wire or fuse in a 1968 XR-7 I was working on that had the exact problem you describe. I ended up making a wire harness with a 7.5 amp fuse to plug into the Yellow connector and spliced it into wire #365A at the Low Fuel Relay which solved my problems.

I have the same issue. Any chance 67 is similar?

Thanks very much Royce. Glad I am not the only one who has encountered this one. I’ll dig into it and try to see what I can do!

1967 schematic is similar except the wire with the fuse comes from the center of the ignition switch.

1 Like