1969 blue ckt dash cluster

By chance has anyone tested the wire harness connector to blue ckt board and figured or analyzed a cheat sheet wire color code and the correct device to the 18 numbers on the connector head into the back of the gauge cluster. I just picked up a std 1969 with xr7 cluster. it has 15 leads on connector head into blue ckt board. There are issues here I am not sure if the harness with 15 leads is a xr7 upgraded installed afterwards (I doubt it) or standard harness ( which I suspect it is) If standard is possible to alter the harness to work?
The car has a working tach plugged in and working so ign thru coil to distributor has been altered
Help!

Welcome to CCC.com! You can download the electrical diagrams for Cougars both standard and XR7 for free. There is a general opinion that crossbreeding an XR7 cluster into a standard is just that, “a cluster”. I’m sure others will chime in. Again, welcome.

Hi TY where can I download the diagrams .
I did not install it this way I noticed it did not work so well

west coast classic cougar dot com search for electrical diagram on the site.

I saw the whole book on their site It does not break down the connector head from harness to the cluster ckt board in a congruent manner it has a schematic .
TY very much. I did see they have repair connector heads with color codes so I see I can make a cheat sheet up.

I was surfing and saw a mustang mod system by cutting and adding and grounding- I think the prior owner tried to do it on the cougar which is a bad idea I think the best bet is go back to std and add tach.

Here’s one version of a 69 XR7: (pin, wire color, wire number, function). It has 17 leads.
Dash Cluster pin 1 green/black 34 high beam
Dash Cluster pin 2 white/blue 49 RH turn signal
Dash Cluster pin 3 black 57 Ground
Dash Cluster pin 4 green/white 50 LH turn signal
Dash Cluster pin 5 red 655 ammeter
Dash Cluster pin 6 yellow 654 ammeter
Dash Cluster pin 7 yellow/black 215 low fuel signal
Dash Cluster pin 8 violet 520 seat belt signal
Dash Cluster Pin 9 yellow/white 29 fuel sending unit
Dash Cluster pin 10 red/yellow 640 coil run signal
Dash Cluster pin 11 green/red 162 parking brake signal
Dash Cluster pin 12 “black Violet” “484 30” CVR input power
Dash Cluster Pin 13 red/white 39 temperature sending unit
Dash Cluster pin 14 black/violet 127 door ajar signal
Dash Cluster pin 15 white/red 31 oil pressure sending unit
Dash Cluster pin 16 purple 977 dual brake warning switch
Dash Cluster pin 17 blue/red 19C dash lights
Dash Cluster pin 18 green/black 465.1818182 high beam

The Eliminator has the same 17 pins.

One Cougar tach car that I did had 13 pins:

Dash Cluster pin 2 blue/red 19C dash lights
Dash Cluster Pin 16 red/white 39 temperature sending unit
Dash Cluster Pin 15 yellow/white 29 fuel sending unit
Dash Cluster pin 12 purple 977 dual brake warning switch
Dash Cluster pin 7 red 643 dual brake warning switch
Dash Cluster pin 4 black 57 Ground
Dash Cluster pin 13 “black Violet” “484 30” cvr input
Dash Cluster pin 5 blue/red 19C dash lights
Dash Cluster pin 14 white/blue 49 RH turn signal
Dash Cluster pin 11 white/red 31 oil pressure sending unit
Dash Cluster pin 3 green/black 34 high beam
Dash Cluster pin 6 green/white CVR power
Dash Cluster pin 8 red/yellow 640 power for idiot lights
Dash Cluster pin 17 green/white 50 LH turn signal

I suspect you may want to re-count the number of leads on the connector. There are 18 pins; it is easier to count which pins are missing.

TY very much! I started a trace today and compared to WCCC download schematic which has missing info your is the complete remedy,It look like an eliminator harness but a few pins omitted out by prior owner pin 7, 11 (which I like to put back) I think comes from parking brake. 14 door ajar are missing, This info is A huge help