1969 Convertible Front tack strip ?????

I have decided to attempt my own top install after watching the WCCC video about 5 times. In the video it looks as though they pull the top over the front bow and glue it down and I do not see a tack strip installed. Later in the video they are stapling the front bead in place. I tried to call Javier at WCCC but he’s been gone several Years. My car came without a tack strip because it was not the original top. I have glued and screwed a new strip in place because I believe that is the way it was originally done. Any input if I am doing this correctly is appreciated. Thank you, Lewis Poberezny

Yes, there is supposed to be a tack strip under the front header bow. There is a channel for it there. Be sure when stapling the top to it that you don’t staple through the piece that covers the staples as it must be glued over them to hide the stapled part. Hard to explain so I hope that makes sense. I will see if I have some pics from when I did mine.

Also, there is a small slit in the top at the edges where the rear bow should line up. Make sure those slits sit centered on the tack strip of the rear bow. I messed that up on mine and it was not clear in the video.

I will be re-doing mine over the winter because I split the rear folding glass seam after almost ten years of use. Once again my fault because I thought my top was a little too tight and I loosened it up a bit at the rear. By doing so, it moved the fold of the glass inward enough to catch on the front part of the stainless channel the dust boot goes in and it caught on that and ripped the window fold seam. Tried to fix it, but it just looks ugly now.

So it appears as though that was another mistake with the video as they stapled that bead to the front edge instead of gluing it. I thought that looked funny with staples showing. I was going to research that further. Thank you for your input.