1969 cougar convertible for sale 26k

1969 mercury cougar convertible.
Price:26,000

351 Windsor V-8
Matching numbers, original motor and transmission, perfect for a restoration.
I have the Marti report in hand.
114K miles

Original interior, carpet and seats in great shape. Which is unheard of in a convertible. The car had artificial sheepskin seat covers when I bought it so the seats are still in amazing shape. Some sun fading on the tops of the seats.
Original top with glass back window, (Backlite), although the top has two holes in it and needs to be replaced soon.
Factory A/C car, although the pump and compressor has been taken off. No need for A/C in a convertible.
It has been a California car for its whole life. Originally sold in Santa Monica, California. 12/16/1968.
I am the 3rd owner.
Only 1 repaint.
Power steering.
Power brakes.
Front disk brakes
Tilt away steering wheel.
Remote control left mirror
Dual exhaust, Flowmasters, redone in 2011.
New battery
KYB shocks (lifetime warranty)
I bought this car in 2008. I replaced everything that needed to be replaced. I only drove it as a weekender around town so I only drove a few thousand miles. Around 2012 I lost my license and stopped driving it. It has been sitting under a tight fitting car cover for most of the last 20 years.
It runs and drives well although the motor should be gone through. Plenty of power.
No significant Accidents. No bondo. The body is in very straight, in good shape and has almost no rust, some bubbling in the paint in the usual spots (Behind the wheels on fenders) and one spot on the passenger door. There is one small spot in the trunk that is rusted through. About a 1 inch hole. Very little metal work needed. There is one dent on the back left corner under the bumper and to the left, It looks like somebody backed into a curb. Very clean underneath. There are no holes in the undercarriage and the original floor panel is very solid. . The Front and back bumpers are in great shape.
Speakers have been installed in the back seat (6x9’s) and front doors (4’) although they both need to be replaced as well as the stereo. I am not sure if the speakers came stock or were installed afterward. I have never seen that in a convertible, so I assume they are not original.
12 years ago I Replaced: Exhaust( from the manifolds back). Alternator, Heater core, oil pump, fuel pump, water pump, thermostat, radiator, shocks, brakes, tires
I have added: A Pertronix flamethrower electronic ignition, Edelbrock performer intake manifold and an Edelbrock 600CFM carburetor, electric fan.
I only drove the car a few dozen times until I lost my license due to medical issues and put it on non op in 2012. I have the registration papers to show that as well.
For the last 12 years I have been driving the car around the block every month or two to keep everything lubricated. It has been parked in the Santa Cruz mountains far enough from the ocean that there is not salt in the air to rust the body out.
Clear coat is coming off of the quarter panel passenger side by the trunk and starting in a few other places. The car looks amazing from 20 feet away but upon closer inspection the car has plenty of small blemishes.
Some sun damage on the original seats and carpet as expected, but overall great shape.
All the lights work although the sequential tail lights only blink in the middle.
I only have the center piece of the console.
The top seals and window/door seals are decent, but most of the other weather seals need to be replaced.
Comes with extras. Door lower seals, a heater core, the original radio antenna, A spare tire in the trunk, some fuses and lightulbs,
Back boot in good shape.
Convertible top works.
Aftermarket tachometer on the steering column.
It pulls to the left and needs an alignment.
It had transmission work done in 2000. I believe 2nd gear was replaced.

click on my youtube channel (Scottfree83 in the top right corner) to see all of the videos.

A lot more pictures available upon request.

Update, asking 22k cash. the transmission failed and it wont go into drive. Needs to be picked up on a trailer.

1 Like

Thats a lot of blue! Hopefully it finds a good home.