1969 cougar hard top value question

I found a 1969 cougar. No motor or transmission. The car had been sitting about 35 yrs and is rusted bad around.bottom fenders doors an quarter Panals No bumpers grill broken in the middle. I wanted to ask you all what is the value of this car to buy.

Scrap iron prices vary by location.

What bill said is mostly true. How ever if you don’t mind putting up with the hassle of selling usable parts look it over carefully, identify what is still good. Things like decent dash pads, Wiring, 9 inch rear axles, Disc Brake set ups(Complete is best) Trim. Make a mental note of what you think the good parts could sell for, add that up and then divide by 2/3s and use that as a basis for making an offer. If the car has next to nothing left worth removing pass on it.
Rotted out cars are mostly not worth the effort. How ever if this were a Boss 302 or a CJ car it may be worth wasting money on.

Good luck with your endeavors.

If you are in the middle of doing 1969, buying a rot box like that could make sense. Stripping the hardware, trim, moldings and whatever else you can pull of it can be worth it if you can buy it right. Extra hardware is handy when you are putting a car together. To buy something like that to make money selling parts-probably not worth it if you value your time. For what is involved to strip it should get it for a couple hundred bucks where I’m from.