Here are some reference pics and information for the blackout details on the 1969 Cougar Eliminator, as well as other items that were painted black - and a few that are not supposed to be painted black.
This information is correct to the best of my knowledge. If I have something wrong please let me know and we can investigate further, and correct / update the information here.
1969 Eliminator Black Trim
- Headlight Doors
A good paint choice for these items is SEM Trim Black (SEM 39143, 20oz Aerosol)
Front / Grille Blackout
- Headlight doors are blacked out except for the top and bottom wide chrome bands. The Eliminator headlight door blackout paint was applied over chrome.
- Center grille outward facing surfaces are unpainted chrome.
- The top horizontal surface of the headlight doors and center grille are painted black.
- The rock guard panel, located behind the front bumper and below the headlights, is painted Body Color.
- The front of the fenders (behind the headlight assemblies) were painted Body Color.