1969 R Code - Hood Pins Optional or Standard?

Hi all, good morning. I have a 69 428 CJ convertible, built December of ‘68. It has the hood pins, but they are not on the invoice or Marti as a standalone option. I have seen them listed on both for some cars. I read somewhere long ago that hood pins may have been included until mid-production, basically after 1968. Does anyone have. Anything that would prove or disprove this theory? Thanks!

Some information from older posts ( found by trolling the internet ):

And for the Mustangs I found this:

Screenshot 2023-04-26 at 09-20-27 1969 Mustang data - 1969_Mustang_Data.pdf

So for Mustangs it is part of the GT Equipment group, but I don’t know if the pin-type hood latches could be ordered as a separate RPO for all models ( as it was for the Cougar ).

Thanks. I’m actually mentioned in that old thread - I must have sold one of the posters a bumper 20 years ago!

It would be great to see an invoice or marti report for a 1968-built car that had the hood pins listed as a standalone option.

In the dealer salesman’s price book it lists them as early as 11-11-68 as being optional only with the Ram Air option.

This is super helpful. Thanks for resurrecting this image. I have an original cougar hood with pins. Not original pins, but original holes for the haha.

I do like the prices back than $15.60 for curb moldings.

Wonder what Head Restraints are?

Head restraints are the head rests that became mandatory on 1/1/69, but were optional prior to that. They were 18.60 in Canada versus the $17.00 US.

Never have seen any '69 seats without them other than Eliminators.

I’ve only seen one in 20 years. 69 XR7. Bizarre - had me do a double-take.

About 20 years ago I had a White with Red 69 Standard early build that did not come with head rests. I may have seen a few others too. I sold it to a guy in B.C. for a father son project.

The page was interesting to read. What book did it come out of? Was it a yearly issue or did it cover mulitple years?

Salesmen used to carry these little books with pricing. So when you sat down to order a car this was what they used to put together the price. I believe it was called the salesman’s price guide and they issued new ones as often as prices or availability changed.

This book came out with every new model. The 1968 version is titled “Pocket Facts”.
keys 1968 dealer pocket facts
There was also a larger desk top version. It’s the same information in a larger format. It’s handy for the dealer and the customer to select colors and options.

maybe a dealer option installation ? You have a heck of a car there !