1969 Touch Up

New to all this. For my 1969 351W 2V, I’d appreciate thoughts on paint colors.

• engine bay/shock towers (some surface rust): Semi-gloss? Any recommended brands?

• Air cleaner and valve covers - Eastwood 2K Ceramic Ford Blue 66-80, VHT Engine New Ford Blue or Plastikote 224?

• The interior kick panels?

• The hardware on the brake pedal and gas pedals: Flat or Semi-gloss?

• What paint for the black lines of the rocker panel molding trim and the chrome trim on the fuel door.

• Is there such a thing as an aerosol textured spray can that might work for some textured paint in the trunk?

Thanks.

Advise is going to be difficult IMHO when your looking for “close to original” since we will not know how close your aiming for.

Interior kick panels are molded plastic and not painted

Gas pedals were not painted and the brake and clutch if present were dipped in semi-gloss black for the bottom 2/3’s (approx) of the arms

Textured rattle can for the trunk would not even be “close” for the original trunk finish. Like the engine compartment (based on your description) there is no short cut to a nice finish look.

You will likely find allot of different opinions on your choices for the engine compartment and engine paints especially since you appear to be focusing on rattle cans

Sure others will offer their insight from their experiences

Good luck with your choices

You’re right. I should have been more specific and noted up front that this is a driver car. I will leave the trunk and some of these other items to be “someday when I have the bandwidth” projects to do them right someday. Thanks.

Did not mean to be harsh in any way. Over the decades most of us on forums have seen new members or owners start out in one direction only to change their minds later. Costing them money, time and even disappointment to the point where they sell the car and find a new hobby. None of my cars are perfect and most have something that I choose instead of making another choice.

They reflect my plan and ideas and I use that plan/goal to answer every question and choice going forward. Same thing happens with drivers, concours and modified cars I’ve done.

One I didn’t respond to was the black detail on your molding. For what you appear to be doing any decent semi-gloss black will do. Most are going to flatten over time and exposure to the elements and UV light.

Again good luck with your choices sure many others here are or have been in almost the same spot you are and will willing offer their experiences

Go with satin black. Semi gloss is just to glossy IMO