1970 Cougar XR7 Convertible - great Eliminator Clone

Here at Taylor Restorations - we are offering up one of our solid project cars, which we normally don’t do, as we like to restore these cars for future customers. But need to raise some funds short term, so here goes. Thought I would list it here first, before it goes to Ebay,

1970 Mercury Cougar XR7 Project car. Needs total restoration. But this could be an amazing car when done right!
Asking price is $3500. No title - sold on bill of sale only.

I was planning to make this into a Competition Green 1970 Eliminator convertible (similar to another one I am building now). This was a well optioned Cougar, now a roller. Original disc brake suspension, and 9 inch rear axle. No engine, transmission or interior included. Convertible top frame and top motor are there. Power steering ram and power window stuff is there for the most part. Under dash wiring is there and seems good. Original AC/heater box and vents also included. Original bucket seats are included, and are actually pretty nice - as they were stored indoors. Wheels will be rollers only.
Marti Report and Cougar by the numbers Details:
One of 1994 - 1970 Cougar XR7 convertibles made
One of 441 - that originally came with a 351C 4V engine and automatic.
Originally Medium Lime Metallic with Dark Green leather interior - one of 120 built with this combo
Built October, 1969
Paint Code G Medium Lime Metallic Paint, Ford #3075-A
Interior Code = 6G Medium Green Leather Hi-Back Bucket Seats
Axle Code = 6 = 3.00 Conventional Rear Axle
Trans Code = X FMX Select Shift Automatic Transmission
DSO = 52 Los Angeles (District Sales Office)
DEALER #: 52A106
Options include: Black Power Top w/Glass Backlite - Evaporative Emission System - E78X14 Belted Black Sidewall Tires - Power Side Windows - Console - Power Front Disc Brakes - Power Steering - Tilt Steering Wheel - Air Conditioner - Whisper-Aire - AM/8-Track Stereo Radio - Tinted Glass-Complete - Protection Group - Wire Wheel Covers
Your vehicle was actually produced on October 31, 1969 – nine days behind schedule.

This car has been off the road for about 30+ years, parked in someone’s back yard before I found it. It does have some rust on the floor pans (driver’s side front and driver’s side rear due to water sitting in them, so patches will be needed in those areas. However the rest of the pans look good, and there is no structural rust! Fender aprons and shock towers are super clean. Inner rockers and torque boxes are good. Drop offs and quarters are rust free, but do have bondo from previous work at the rear edges. Passenger door is original (small bubbling at front), driver’s door has been replaced. Fenders replaced, hood is poor condition. Some rust around the fuel tank, due to the convertible top going bad, and then water pooling in that area.
Don’t let the rust scare you, we can fix it for $500 per area, $1500 total.

We do have many more parts that can be included at additional cost if desired, such as the front grille, bumper cores, core 351C engine, FMX, etc.

Here at Taylor Restorations, we specialize in top notch restorations of Mercury Cougars, and we can completely restore this Cougar for you if desired. Our restorations prices are some of the best around, just ask.

Will deliver for $1 per mile, 750 miles max from Chandler, Arizona More pictures available just ask. Last picture is what this car would look like in Comp green.
Thanks, Scott Taylor

I like the original color combination. That would make a sweet resto mod…

thanks
pat