1970 Eliminator stripe specs

I am just starting on my car. It’s a base model and will look like an Eliminator clone. I want to paint the stripes. Can someone please get me the specs: length, width, and height of the stripes and the spaces that are part of them.

Wouldn’t it be easier to buy a stripe kit? They are pretty cheap any more and can usually be found for $100 or so.

Yeah, you could maybe paint the straight sections without much trouble, but the curved portions on the quarters would be hard to get accurate. Also not sure if you’re doing the ELIMINATOR text on the quarters or spoiler, but that would be a pain in the butt to do by hand. The measurements also aren’t super easy to relay since they start off thin at the front and get thicker towards the back, and all the curves and angles… I’d just buy a proper stripe kit honestly.

maxbiii Hello. I have done this process (back in the early 80’s) on a 70 Cougar that we still own today. A 70 Eliminator that was in original paint was used for creating: the body side stripes, ELIMINATOR nameplates, and rear spoiler stripe templates. I used silicone paper, 3M painters tape, and an exacto knife set to make the ELIMINATOR nameplates & rear spoiler stripe templates. Also, a drafting table was used for doing the layout work & hand-drawn lettering… pre AutoCAD era.

When building that resto-mod project, we painted House of Kolors Prism Pear Blue (lacquer) over a Black base coat. The Eliminator graphics were reversed taped, and painted White over top of the Black base…using just enough color to cover the Black. We then removed all of the tape, and clear coated over all of the White graphics… Two coats of clear with a color sand, then (2) more coats with a 2nd color sand to blend the surface between the White graphics and the Black base. The Blue Pearl coats followed with all then sealed in clear.

Making the ELIMINATOR nameplate templates & rear spoiler stripe template required many hours of tedious hand work. In today’s software world, there might be easier ways to accomplish the task.

As Mike and Andrew suggested… going with a reproduction stripe kit will be much, much easier. Either way, may you succeed with your project.

We have the reverse kit to use as a template.