1971 Cougar GT

I believe that I have a pair of the blue striped seats in my interior parts storage building. I would need to look to be sure and if I do have them to tell you anything about their condition.

Randy Goodling
CCOA #95

Very cool!

Could you post a few pics of the interior? I’m interested in seeing the dash and steering wheel pad especially ~ I understand the GT’s got a black camera case steering wheel pad.

Unfortunately, the steering wheel is another item stripped from the car before I got a hold of it. My understanding is it came with a 3 spoke Rim blow steering wheel. The guy I bought it from picked it up at a Federal Auction as it had been seized by the Imigration and Naturalization Service, as it was called at the time. I left the I.N.S. sticker on the windshield as part of the provenance. And somewhere on the internet I have seen the Auction listing record many years back. He then sent it to Tijuana for Paint and Interior. The paint job was pretty good but the interior material for the inserts was not to good and the bolster color was off a little. But the worst thing they did was glue some padded vinyl to the worn door panels, so I eventually need to get some door panels too.

Fortunately he didn’t know the value of the vehicle and I got it for a good price.

All cars after 1969 were required to have side impact beams

Strange how much prices very
71 GT Badcat’s 71 upbeat cloth My 71 std vert
convenience gp $48.00 $48.00 $35.00
seat back delete $25.90 - $31.40
351 4v $53.20 - $77.70
appearance gp $32.40 - $38.00
power st $115.00 $123.70
am radio - $66.00 $87.60
sports console - $76.50 $88.50
interval wiper - $25.90 $38.00

My car was built 10/15/70 vin 1F92M510886 with a Pacific Canada DSO. I’d post the window sticker and the Marti but my laptop doesn’t know how.