1973 Mercury Cougar XR-7 Hardtop for SALE - BAT

Green Machine!

1973 Mercury Cougar XR-7 Hardtop for sale on BaT Auctions - ending March 7 (Lot #138,843) | Bring a Trailer

I saw that, laughed at the “slapper bars” very old school. I put them on my 67 back in the day. Nice looking phatcat but the interior color kills it for me :upside_down_face:

With that paint, that is the perfect interior for a 73. I have a 73 Mustang with the same color combination. I wouldn’t have it any other way. At show one time a 20 something looked and pointed at my car and said to his buddy, “Look at that car! That is so seventies!” Since then I call it “So Seventies Green”.

The downside to that interior is it is 1973 only, so there is NOTHING reproduced for it. Your choices are NOS (good luck), good used, or dyeing a repro that is white.

Do you know if that is a factory hood scoop?

By the way it fits the hood I’d say yes,

The Blue hood scoop here is a 71 version. Black is a 69/70 version. I think the one on the green car would not fit as nicely between the hood budge lines. But a personal inspection would be needed to make sure.

1 Like

My memory is a little sketchy on hood scoops and rear spoilers on 73’s. I didnt think they were an option, please correct me if I’m wrong.