2015 State of the ClassicCougarCommunity.Com

I’ve never had a problem with logging in or getting logged out. I just hit the book mark, and it goes right to the forums.
I don’t do Facebook, so I’m not familiar with what might be on there Cougar related.
I’m not actively doing my Cougar build yet, and the Mustang will probably be first when the time comes, but this is the only car site I visit on a daily basis to read the posts.
I haven’t been to the other Cougar site since all the BS was going on a few years back. Probably missing out on a lot of good info, but just no desire to go there at this time. This site is working fine for me.

G Dub

I actually visit both Cougar sites still, as well as other similar sites, usually a few times a day for a break from data crunching. I do prefer CCC, but sometimes the questions I have fit better on other forums.

I have no problems with the Login, or being logged out ~ always check the “remember me forever” box.

I feel Pictures are fairly straightforward, but we still often see new people having trouble posting pics. I’m not sure how difficult it would be to implement a “drag and drop” feature that would automagically down-size the image to conserve space & bandwidth. If a person wants to post a high-resolution pic they could still do it via a hosting service.

I think some sort of “up-rate” or “down-rate” system would be nice. Alot of times I’ll read a post that I agree with or a picture / update that I like, but it seems impractical to make a post that says “I agree with that!”, or “awesome pic.” But a “thumbs up” might be nice.

That’s all I have, for now - minor things for sure.

Jay and I are trying to see if we can find a better way to handle the images. The main problem is that the down sizing needs to occur before we get the file. This is where the cubic money of Facebook comes into play. They can throw serious server and network power at the problem, money no object. Maybe we can find a clever way to give you a little widget for your desk top that will down size to what you need.

I do like the thumbs up idea. I have no idea if it is possible. Likes are a quick way to say atta boy.

Is there a problem I don’t see with letting Photobucket (or similar) do the heavy lifting (storage) for people wanting to post pictures? Are a lot of people still having trouble with how to link/embed in postings with content from their PB account?

It’s so easy, even an ECI can do it…

I’m in agreement with Bob here… :eek2: …if he can do it, and I can do it…Photobucket is the “Hooked on Phonix” for photo posting…

Bob I thought the same thing. I do realize that not everybody is tech savvy so thats why I think a video tutorial showing different steps for posting pictures would help.
Steven

I agree with you guys. I only brought it up because it seems there is always someone asking how to do it, or saying they are having trouble posting pics. :think:

I think that most folks, given adequate instruction, can open a free Photobucket account, remember the password and user name, and select and upload the images, and then open both sites, copy the link and hit the IMG button after they open the full editor. Then paste the address in between the IMG tags. Cake.

Or thy can drag the image over to the comment box and be done. LOL!

I use a Pentax photo program called ACDSee that very easily re-sizes photos so they will be accepted by the website. I usually have to downsize them to about 20% of the original. It is super easy to do. I re-size and save with a letter behind the original Image # and I don’t lose the quality of the original.

I couldn’t resist adding a picture from back in 2012…

What about posting links. I got a phone call from an individual that prefers to remain unknown asking for the ability to hide the link and to insert a highlighted phrase instead. Is this something that you folks would use?

Bill,

Do you mean like some of us already do?

SDP B2

/\ example above /\

Yes, the board supports the code, but you have to do it yourself. If you hover over the URL radio button, it displays both versions of the code.

I always wondered how people do that…I obviously am not one of the majorly computer literate members, although I can usually manage to post pictures–not always.

Like Mike, I frequent about 4 forums daily and post specific questions in different places depending upon relevance, since there is a lot of cross-reference-ability between my Cougars and my Mustangs. It depends upon what I’m trying to do–sometimes I just post on the FE Forum, as there the car doesn’t matter, it’s just the engine. I always come here for Cougar stuff and hit the other Cougar Forum maybe once a month. I am always signed in when I come and rarely am bumped off, but I’ve bookmarked the Forum page, so maybe that’s why? The only thing I don’t like about this Forum is the inability to “mark all topics as read,” which I do from time to time on my other Forums…otherwise, this seems to be a good format to me.

I think member participation tends to wax and wane, depending on time of year and what projects are underway. Some of us are hibernating while it rains…during these times, I find that I spend more posting time on the off-topic areas where I “hang” out than anywhere else. I still read and follow technical stuff every day, but I don’t have much to say when I’m not going out to the garage. Others have broken engines (also me) and are trying to psyche up to do something about it and also have nothing productive to add until something changes. I personally try to exercise restraint and not be a post whore by creating threads just to talk to hear myself talk, although frequently I do want to post pictures of my car and gush about how much I like it with nothing of note to actually say–so I refrain; I think FB is the place where people tend to do that, which is why it’s so popular.

I think this paragraph says a lot. And the highlighted part even more.

Kim, that’s what the “Project” section of the forum is for. It’s like an excuse to post pics and gush about things that are trivial to everyone else except you, LOL! But by keeping it all in one thread you don’t feel like a post ho. That’s what I try to do, anyhow :whistle:

Sorry for getting off topic.

If all I had to deal with was rain I would never hibernate. It’s this PITA white crap that messes me up here. In fact I soon need to head out to shovel again. I have never needed to shovel rain.

Randy Goodling
CCOA #95

Stopped by the other site. 16700 posts, and 1980 threads since my last visit. :astonished:

I have some sincere doubts about those stats they give out. If you look at the weeks biggest posters, it doesn’t reflect anything like the stats suggest. But Advertisers are likely to be impressed by the big numbers…

2015 State of MC.net perhaps?

So how long had it been? Seems reasonable if it was a period of years.

Oh, and 1500 of those threads were probably mine… :buck:

Seeing that this is the last day of 2015 my hat is off to Bill and all of the members of the Classic Cougar Community. Com Thanks to everyone for making this site a great place to visit each day. I hope and I 'm sure 2016 will be even better. Have a safe and Happy New Year.
Steven