351c alternator bracket 70 cougar

In advance, thanks for any help. I am trying to keep as much as original as possible on the build. I found these items in a bag in a bin. I do not thinks it’s the alternator bracket but just want to check. Anyone have a picture of an original bracket? How it sit on the water pump? Any help appreciated.

That is the correct alternator bracket for a small block 1970 Ford product. Works on a 351W with a adaptor bracket that bolts to the head, Works on a 351C with no adaptor. If I recall it works on a 302 without the adaptor. I do not see the adjuster bracket.

Is that longest piece a flywheel ring cover?

I am not sure but I can look that up and see. I appreciate the lead. I spend a lot of time searching items up :rofl:

I do think that triangle piece is part of the alternator bracket. The adjuster piece to the bracket, I have not found. I believe the cylinder is the spacer but I do not know where the bolt is that threads through that space and connects it to the block. Thank you bad art for the help. Any other suggestions are appreciated

Agree the triangular bracket and spacer look correct for 351C alternator upper bracket. The lower bracket is a long arm with adjusting slot, and is not pictured. The longer piece in your pic bolts to the lower part of the bell housing to cover the exposed flywheel ring gear like Cou_Gar said.

Thanks Calicat. I appreciate you taking the time and sending a pic. You don’t happen to know the size and length of the bolt that attaches the alternator to the block?

Different topic. I was looking at your photo. I attached and circled an inlet attachment on your water pump. What is that? Mine did not come with that attachment. Thanks again for all your help

Here is the bolt kit you need:

And the bottom water pump hole is threaded to accept this:

Thank you sir. I am getting more and more of those cougar bucks. :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like