390 4V Air Cleaner and Oil Breather

Before it goes on ebay, 350.00 OBO plus shipping. Snorkel was removed for reasons I don’t know. Maybe the spot welds didn’t hold? I think it could be cleaned up and spot welded again or left as is.

SOLD!

I know this is sold. But could you please tell me if that lid ever came in blue from factory. I have the exact same one but mine is painted blue an I wanted to get it back to original . Thank you

Wherridge,I dont know for sure but I bet if you put that question in the “restoration and repair” forum you might get a quick correct answer. I was told the one i sold was kinda hard to find.

The same lid painted Blue was used on the 69 390 4V. Other then the painted this air cleaner was almost the same as a 1969 Q code 428 and Boss 302. It was also used on 69 and 70 428 Police Interceptors, I have seen 2 of them and they looked the same as the previously mentioned 390 unit. I think it was used on 1967 Thunderbird’s too, and the full unit looked like the one that sold here but painted top. There may be other applications as well.

Original 428 housing would be missing the baffle where the snorkel meets the housing there is a Shop Tips note about about this, trying to diagnose high speed performance issues on a 390 with this housing.