390 distributor identification help

I was going through parts in my storage. I came across a distributor that I thought I got a while back from a 390 Fairlane PI. I went through my Ford ready references and couldn’t really find anything. Stamped FoMoCo Part # C6AF12127 B. Its a dual point distributor with no vacuum advance. May be for 427 as well. I know some of you are excellent with part numbers so thought I would throw it out there. Any help is appreciated. I know it didn’t come on a cougar considering part number and date code.

390 Galaxie/full size Ford would be my guess. Should have a separate date code.

I’m just surprised a galaxie 390 car would have dual points and a non vacuum distributor. I thought dual points an non vacuum were for racing and high performance. Maybe it was for PI?

I did find the same application in my ready reference. May have been for a cycle as well but my ready reference was just ford cars not mercury.

Cyclone, sorry.

Are you looking at the part number or the casting number?

This is the part number stamped on top side of distributor just under the distributor cap

What is the date code ?

C6AF-AZ duel point is for a SOHC 427 not what you have I don’t know about -B

C6AF-B 66 390 2bbl

Autolite, and later Motorcraft, made and sold a dual point conversion kit to fit any of the 8 cylinder distributors of the 1960’s - 1970’s. It sounds like that is what you have. Post some photos, we may be able to tell you more.