390 or 429 in a 67?

Agree with cj750 , big block is fun but it’s very hot if you dont have air cond. drink a lot of gaz . A 351 is a good choice for a swap … :ylsuper:

Those are 351W prices.

Don’t know why the prices in this area are so high but I found a Cleveland for $350.00
http://danville.craigslist.org/pts/3998706829.html

Oh, you’re just not trying hard enough :biggrin2: VA is still in the rust belt some what with lots of junked out vehicles with good motors.

Go here and search the junk yards. I found a dozen 351w in your area, running engines for $500 - $600 an less. Pick what you want , but I just put in a search for a 1994 Ford F150 5.8L for an example. Change the vehicle search and I’m sure you can come up with a lot more available.
http://car-part.com/

Decided on the 351 stroker 393 crate motor. ATK by Edelbrock. 410 hp ready to bolt in. Got a buddy who is gonna build my C-4 to hold up to 500 hp. He’s been building transmissions for 30+ years and says the C-4 is better than the AOD, no one makes heavy-duty bands to hold much over 350 hp.

Hope you have some money left for chassis work.

I started with a $15,000 budget over the next 3 years. Now it’s up to 20,000. (Engine above costs 7,000). It’s a hobby/dream. I’ve always liked the 67-68 model since I was a kid back in the 70’s. Money isn’t a huge deal because I’m taking so long with it. My biggest problem at the time is finding parts that aren’t available aftermarket in this area. Most people have stuff sitting in the backyard for 15 years try to sell it and you can’t weld rust to rust, but they think it’s repairable. (hoods and deck lids are what I’m having trouble finding). A lot of used stuff is overpriced, a fender with some rust, for example guy wants $800. After 11 months of searching I finally found a 70 deck lid, just gotta do some welding up on the luggage rack holes.

Bro, I don’t even bother with 60’s car parts here in NC anymore. Just order your body parts from WCCC or another vendor with rust free stuff.
It’s just not worth it to me anymore to spend so much time chasing bs leads and dealing with people who think because you want parts off A Cougar that you NEED parts off THEIR rustbucket.

Anyway. I’m glad you’re not sweating the money. You know how it goes when you do projects like this. Glad you’re sticking with it.