427 GT-E Posted on autoevolution

Exactly! LOL! …now if I could just figure out how to make my addictio…err… hobby… pay for itself. :think:

Okay Please Listen Up:

I just spoke with the owner of this car, who has owned it since 2009.

You should know that Shaney Jenkins did not have his permission to take photos or post anything about the car. An employee made the serious mistake of letting Mr. Jenkins see the car when the owner was not present.

Next, the rumors regarding Richard Rawlings are totally unfounded, unless he put someone up to attempting to contact the owner regarding buying the car.

MOST IMPORTANT – the owner of this car says unequivocally that it is NOT for sale. Please do not attempt to contact him, as he says he will refuse to discuss the car.

Point of interest – the decal in the d/s 1/4 window is a “Crower Cam” decal, not a CCOA decal.

Hope this will put to rest the issues caused by the posting of the photos and other misleading information.

Jim Pinkerton
Cougar GT-E Registrar

Thanks for the update Jim!

I imagine that means you now know the identity of this particular GTE?

Thanks Jim!

Not long ago we had a thread where some one was insisting that they were entitled to know more than the owner cared to divulge. This is a good example that illustrates how these things can get out of hand.

Thanks for everything you do!

Mike –

The car has been on the Registry since February, 2014. I just didn’t have any pictures of it to go by until the ones taken by Shaney Jenkins showed up. And, even then I had no idea where in the country the mystery car was located. As soon as Sean on this website mentioned New Mexico it all started to fall together. So yes the identity is fully known: It does have Ivy Gold interior despite the shadow in the picture making it appear most likely black.

Jim

Well it was exciting for a bit to think an unknown one in that shape had been found!

Jim’s investigative work and explanation of what happened explains why the Instagram page from the evolution blog was deleted so fast.