'67 15" wiper blade refills

Holy Moly - trying to find the correct wiper blade refills for my car is a zoo. Everyone lists a different part as ‘applicable’ and none really look like the OEM. Does anyone know a manufacturer and part number for the old style '67 15" wiper blade refills? Mine are the classic rubber blade on a metal backing with pinch ends.

Thanks in advance

Like this one? Windshield Wiper - Blade Refill 15 Inch - Repro ~ 1967 - 1968 Mercury Cougar ( 1967 Mercury Cougar, 1968 Mercury Cougar ) at West Coast Classic Cougar :: The Definitive 1967 - 1973 Mercury Cougar Parts Source

YES - but unfortunately that part is…
Out of Stock, Discontinued
Expected back in Stock:
Unknown

Lots of them on eBay: Anco 15" wiper refills

I should have looked closer, this one is in stock. Windshield Wiper - Blade Assembly - 15 Inch - Repro ~ 1967 - 1968 Mercury Cougar / 1967 - 1968 Ford Mustang ( 1967 Mercury Cougar, 1968 Mercury Cougar, 1967 Ford Mustang, 1968 Ford Mustang ) at West Coast Classic Cougar :: The Definitive 1967 - 1973 Mercury Cougar Parts Source

Yes, thank you. I saw that as well. I’m only looking, however for the actual replacement inserts.

I saw the same, but could not find the ‘specific’ replacement that fits. Those don’t have the pinch keepers like the originals. As my discussion alludes - most of the ones listed everywhere are NOT an OEM blade replacement. My hope is to do like I used to do - not replace anything other than the blade. Thanks.

If those won’t work then you are just going to be out of luck. That’s only one of the dozens of examples on eBay.

Thanks all for your input. I was hoping I’d simply by the replacement blades (and someone knew where to get them!). It appears they’ve turned into unobtainium from a purchase standpoint.

Too funny - in the day you spent a couple of bucks to replace the inserts. Now you spend $20 per side and buy more than you need!

Look for refills, not blades or inserts.

I got mine from classic industries, mustang parts section. Mine are 16" for my 69

Mike M.

Apparently you don’t use eBay. The price there is less than half what you say.

This should be what you need.
C3AZ17593C - NOS Parts (nospartsltd.com)
I would call and verify just to be sure.

Oh, but I do indeed understand how to and order from eBay. The price for eBay for the entire blade assembly (assuming shipping) is appreciably no different than elsewhere. I still purport it appears we can no longer order whatever word you wish to use to describe what I’m looking for: a ‘refill’ or ‘blade’ or ‘insert’.

The problem with this topic is that there are a gazillion quotes for the ‘correct’ blade ‘insert’ - none of them are correct. They are everything but that. No one sells the ‘refill’ or ‘blade’ or ‘insert’ anymore (what I describe as the rubber wiper with integral metal backing that slides into the slots in the blade).
The closest I could find is the Trico 33-150 which is the same (as it appears) as the West Coast Classic item (don’t know that manufacturer). In other words, you have to order the entire blade assembly vs. just the ‘refill’ or ‘blade’ or ‘insert’ which is how we replaced in the day.

Unfortunately it appears what used to be sold is no longer sold. I’m happy to call this post dead.

I have a nice set of sorta origional blades i run here in az…and a set of new tech ,ugly blades in the trunk incase it rains

Well I bought 12 dozen refills (that’s 144) on eBay around 2000. I will offer a set to you free. You just need to PM me your address.

2 Likes

Thanks. Very nice offer. Unfortunately being a retired engineer who worked with valves that have all sorts of polymers (rubbers and the like) in them, at 22 years things like ozone and other natural causes degrade rubber to where I’ll pass. I ordered a set of the replacement blades. I can afford the whole enchilada - I’m just a frugal type that only wants to order the meat when all I need is the meat.

I just picked up on this post - sorry I missed it yesterday. It appears we may have a winner! The others I paid a buck or 2 more from Amazon for the entire frames in the event I’d get lucky in the meantime. It looks like they have the replacement blade inserts for my car - pair for only $16. perfect. thanks

Rock auto carries wiper refills in many lengths, you just need to verify the width of the blade.

One of my first stops - they do NOT list Trico refills (i.e. blade, not arm).