67-68 roller wanted

Well I’m finally at the point where I can finally look for the last car I want to work on.

I’m currently searching for a 67-68 Cougar I would prefer an xr7 if possible as a roller. I am not looking for a high option/rare car as well my budget wont allow it. I am looking for something solid that I can park if necessary and gather parts without it totally falling apart. I am located in mid state NY close to Syracuse. My overall plan is to build a 408 with efi make it a nice cruiser with OD automatic. My budget isn’t the greatest at 5k for a roller but if you know something that is clean and available please don’t hesitate to drop a line. I would also love black interior if possible. I’ve scoured the usual places and most are completely trashed out here due to the climate. I would be open to shipping a car here but I need as much info as possible.

Sorry for the long post just wanted to give some info, and not be completely vague

pm sent.

When you say a roller exactly what are you looking for? I understand that means no drive train but what else? I’m in your area so it would be easy for you.

Mainly a solid body that I can do work to here and there hoping most of the standard issues are just needing basic repairs quarters floors etc. Appreciate the reply

I may have something that will work for you. It does need some work, but it will be well under your budget. I need the space it’s taking up.

I have a 68 xr7 j code car Grecian gold white vinyl top black interior.
The power train is a 302 4 barrel c4 transmission and 3.0 rear end. Options on the car are power disc brakes, power steering, ac tilt steering column and door edge guards . Car runs and drives. There are two transmissions that come with the car. The numbers matching trans will need to be rebuilt. I can email or text pictures if you are interested.
Car is located in Denver Colorado
Pm sent
Thanks Scott

Morning Sozen,

I have a 67 XR7 GT 390 S code for Sale that someone will need to bring to the finish line. I currently have the ad up under Cougar Sale section under The Marketplace.

Ping me if you are interested. contact info on my ad.

Cheers.
Cristian