'67/'68 XR7 and Standard Cougar Dash Reproduction Project update

The first off-tool parts are on the way! These are not chrome and paint like they will be but they are ready for test fitting. pretty cool to see some of the detail in these.

A great deal of work remains but we are making progress.

This is the standard dash. It will accommodate both the '67 and '68 style face pads.

1 Like

This is the driver side XR7.

And the passenger side

Pretty cool to see some of the back side detail. Notice that we are using actual metal theaded studs for mounting and not those impossible plastic tubes.

2 Likes

Standard driver side. You can mount the pad using clips ('68 style) or screws ('67 style) or the round recesses let you use two sided velcro circles to mount the pad that way.

And passenger side.

You will reuse the metal attaching hardware but instead of those crappy melted posts there are screw bosses and we will supply the screws. It won’t matter to you but there are multiple different brackets and we accommodate all of them. All that you will see is that the hardware you have will work.

1 Like

Very nice!

Nice work! These look great.

One of the best parts are those mounting studs! I just found one of mine laying on the floor, damn thing popped off unprovoked even.

If you somehow end up with an unpainted xr7 version let me know. I wouldn’t mind replacing mine at some point and I modify them for aftermarket gauges and prefer mine painted vs chrome

Man them look nice after knowing the trouble redoing one is

1 Like

Looks good, if I put a tach in the right pod and fuel gauge in the center I would still put in a secondary pod (maybe modify the AC slot??)

This is so awesome Bill!! So many have run into a brick wall when trying to restore instrument clusters. I wish I had one of your finished reproductions when I built my yellow 68 XR-7. Who knows, maybe I’ll buy one and put it in the car, I was never really happy with the outcome of my cluster restoration.

I will be in need of one of these when they are ready.

1 Like

I need the standard version when they are ready Bill.

1 Like

Very nice. What chrome did you use?