67 XR7 interior trim piece name

I am missing a quite small roughly triangular interior trim piece just under the front area of the drivers side quarter window. The location is at the top of the interior quarter panel at the driver’s door. It seems to be a grained plastic. I have no idea what it is called to even search for it. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Jack

WCCC calls that piece “rear interior panel keeper”. Secures rear interior panel at the top front of plastic panel. Rounded triangular piece.

1 Like

It’s grained metal.

This one:

Trim keeper

I had meant to reply with a clarification that these trim pieces are not plastic, but metal. Alas, Royce got to that point before I did. But I have two of these ( a right and a left ) that are, as far as I can tell NOS. They came with a batch of NOS interior trim parts for my 1969 Cougar, and obviously they aren’t applicable. But they are very nice - with one odd feature, in that they’re not primed, but appear to be chrome(d) ? Not sure if that was a ‘variation’ on the way they could be ordered, or if the previous owner of them had that done ( for what purpose, I’m not sure ). But the chroming appears to be original - when you look at the back side of each piece you can see the area where the chroming ‘thins out’ due to the cavity formed by the top rolled edge.
So 67DGS if you’re interested, pm me and perhaps we can work something out ?

Thanks so much for the replies, now I know what to call it. I mistakenly assumed that the piece was plastic because it was grained.
Cheers
Jack

Hers a link to ones I have for sale, and some info on them

I can’t seem to go back and edit the post I made in this thread ( so I could add images ). So I’ll put them here :

Hard to find for 67. Mustang has a smaller piece readily available but alterations are necessary. The part you are referring to is not detachable, but was a piece on the original quarter interior panel. If you find it, please post, Mine is awkward with three pieces making up the configuration

I should note, the component I am referring to is the plastic part on the quarter interior trim directly, but yes, the quarter trim retainer piece is hard to find, and is larger than the Mustang replacement parts available.