67 XR7

Seen this going through Syracuse today, talked with the gentleman , he just got it in PA and is going around Kingston Ontario , it’s in pretty good shape , small block, he’s going do a Gurney racer, he and his father done a 68 GT a few years ago , I told him of the site so maybe he’ll sign up

Hopefully another one gets saved!

Hope that project turns out well for him.

Hers she is today. Its my track toy for now but I’ll be racing wheel to wheel soon.

1 Like

Glad you joined, nice to see it running, I wish I was that far along.

Hi Everyone here is a link to some video inside and out side of a race last year. Enjoyhttps://youtu.be/zWSgW020gms

Pretty cool video! Looks fun…and scary at the same time.
Tell us a little more about the car.

Thanks!
It’s a 67 XR7, base 289,C4. I’ve attempted to keep it true to a 67 Trams Am car as I could on a budget.
-Chassis & Suspension: The car was stripped down as much as possible to lose some weight. Then using the old Boss manual I added some of the reinforcements to the unibody. It has a full cage that I put in. 1" or 7/8" front swaybar, and a 3/4" in the rear. Shelby drop with one coil cut out. Leafs are stock. 68" front discs, Hawk pads. Drums in the rear. Manual steering and brakes.
-Drive train: Original 289 with a dual plane intake, mild cam, 650 vacuum secondary holley, tri y headers, and I ported the C5 heads.
Toploader wide ratio, 2.78 open diff.
It’s a lot of fun and keeps me on my toes.

Dang, almost stock engine. What are C5 heads?

The original heads that came on the car in 67’. Casting number C5AE I think. 54cc chamber. gives it about 9.5:1 compression ratio.