68 Convertible Resto Mod Emblem Ideas?

I have been ordering parts to dial in my latest project but one thing I am stuck on is the 67 GT emblems. There is nothing “GT” about this 68 and for some reason I continue to let that bug me. I am OK with the loss of the 68 rocker mouldings and side marker lights. Since holes are drilled I have to put something there… A modern 5.0 would not look right but maybe GTE emblems with the foil decal changed to a custom insert that says 5.0? Randy P, you were working on 6.5 LITRE 68 aluminum repro emblems, is it possible to make a 5.0 LITRE aluminum badge? What else would look era correct and cover the footprint of this emblem? The other thing I have to figure out is how to modify the 1/4 windows at the base to fit the contour of the Cougar 1/4 panel. Anyone have a 68 manual trans console insert plate? I also want to put xr7G exhaust tips on it, wheel lip trim, modern AC components under the hood, oval air cleaner and power windows.
80871219-6CE4-4B7E-BC4B-F5AF4A779AA8.jpeg
C12BBD61-4355-4920-81EA-8A089317D568.jpeg

E118D006-8F8F-4975-BB5F-E6D831C0BCE7.jpeg
66FB1FEF-1836-482F-8753-F70C3B95CB6B.jpeg

0A8B5208-8F3C-41AC-82B0-0ADE7FC6CF8F.jpeg
0E6AE79E-6B5E-4C4F-A3AC-7EE43A53B096.jpeg
D97CD561-1EDD-4DAE-8107-FA09899BC15C.jpeg
017F8F04-2976-42CC-8ED0-D4E2233F64CF.jpeg

Very nice! The GT emblem looks good - I would leave it. The quarter window is a different story. Maybe fabricate a channel molding that would fit the window glass but also match the shape of the quarter panel?

Just found your other thread on this car - looks like you have already solved the quarter window problem quite nicely!

Still working on emblems, I just asked a week ago on them , the emblem faces are done, i sent them back to get the back radius’s to match the fender and to see about some mounting studs, I think it’ll end up being two studs and double stick tape there doesn’t seem to be enough meat on the top side to install studs but we’ll let them finish who knows, they are also making my G center caps, it’s been months hopefully soon and 5.0 I’m told isn’t a big deal because the drawing is already done so the computer can talk to the machine, a couple mouse clicks I guess, this computer crap is over my head!

I would be happy with no studs and 3m VHT emblem tape, the less holes the better!

I never got around to dealing with the quarter windows on CatVert, but an idea I had was to try to fasten (either to the window or to the inside of the quarter panel) a flat painted or chrome piece of metal that would cover the difference in shapes and that could then have an emblem of some type engraved on it (the Mercury Man, maybe?) to make it look like it belongs there. It would have to be something that didn’t look out of place when the top is down.

Old thread I know, but I’d considering some emblems for my 68. Randy do you have any info on the custom badges mentioned above?

If your looking for something custom you might consider coming up with some cool one off design and having a belt buckle company making something up for you that you can modify, cut out and hang in the location. Did similar to that when I was customizing a couple of cars, yes use to do those sorts of things outside of all the concours focused efforts.

Examples had a belt buckle company make buckles up with this emblem cast in a buckle then cut those down to just the emblem and used these as a door panel emblem on the Fiberfab Mustang. If I was doign the car today rather than 30 years ago I would have sunken the emblem into the foam padding behind the material that covered the door panel. Likely would choose something that doesn’t look so late 80’s- early 90’s either :roll_eyes:

Also had a 2000 F350 that I pulled the emblems off of, had custom large late model shaped ones made up for that truck. Since it was International motor powered went that direction rather than the Ford F350 route to make it stand out. Have had a fair number of people comment at gas stations and store when they notice and are car guys. A bit worn and weathered after all these years.

Just some ideas but if your doing modified or custom cars go big and the little custom touches make allot of difference IMHO