'68 Cougar / XR-7-G Sunroof

Spotted this on eBay. Wonder which car it came from…

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1968-COUGAR-ORIGINAL-COMPLETE-SUNROOF-ASSEMBLY-XR7G-/151830145935?hash=item2359c82b8f

Hey Royce – Are you missing a Nordic blue G with white interior from New Jersey?

The sunroof switch is not the XR7-G style. Round black knob, mounts under the dash lip.

This sunroof came from a standard or xr7. If you look in the pictures you will see the switch for the sunroof that mounts under the dash.

Nice, detailed pictures - thanks for posting the link!

• Phillip

The owner of the roof has an amazing collection of NOS and rare parts. This is a great eBay seller to keep track of. As his name indicates, he owns the very last 427 equipped car Ford built, a GT-E.

The gold one that came out of Idaho? I considered buying that car about 15 years ago but just couldn’t bring myself to own and restore a gold GT-E. It was also a major project with no engine, significant roof damage, etc so it would have cost a fortune to restore.

I saw the car about 60 days ago. Dave found an NOS roof panel, and NOS everything else. The car is painted and has a headliner in it, and glass. Dave is doing a great job slowly.

Thanks for the update, Royce. Glad to hear that the right guy got the car and is doing a proper restoration.

I may be wrong but the last 427 GTE was the car I bought in 1989. Pulled it out of Tennessee. Did a bunch of sheet metal work to it, found a correct 427 and ended up selling it. It eventually went to Bill Howell back east. I think he sold it to the current owner. I sold it because of the color and the fact I bought another GTE that was a dark green 427 XR7. At the time I sold the gold car I did not know it was the last 427. Perhaps Pinkerton can verify this. I have some negatives I will get digitized and try to post some pictures.