68 cougar xr7 instrument cluster

Does anyone have a 1968 cougar xr7 gauge cluster for sale ? I need a good one not cracked .or a set left and right pieces . Can call or text Robert 574 326 2613

Guess no reply means no one has one ?
Hmmm all the Cougars In here and no one has a good used xr7 cluster hmmm.

You might do better if the post was in the PARTS WANTED section instead of the for sale section.

Randy Goodling
CCOA #95

In stock at WCCC

https://secure.cougarpartscatalog.com/store/p/15004-Gauge-Cluster-Assembly-XR7-Used-1968-Mercury-Cougar.html?sessionthemeid=26

Sometimes it takes time for someone with the used parts your looking for to come across your post and that might not be in less then two weeks. These parts are getting harder and harder to find in good shape and sometimes its takes digging to find them. Also remember most cougar owners in here are shopping for the same parts you are for their own projects so don’t be surprised if one doesn’t just land in your lap. Stick around a bit and you will see there are some company’s and individuals that deal in used parts and are good sources to find what you need. Also Ebay is a good source as well and is actually where I had to go to find my XR7 dash.

I thought I had one that I take to shows, but all I have found so far is the right hand side with oil gauge. Still looking for that show cluster - it has to be here somewhere… :think:

The problem is that the originals are very seldom good any more. The plastic has become incredibly fragile and the chrome part is completely dead. To that end I am working on developing reproductions of the plastic parts. Those are more than a year out (barring any new contagion)

What you should look for is someone that bought the XR7 dash thinking that they could plug it into a standard. Usually when they discover that it’s not interchangeable they give up and order the tach that replaces the clock. Eventually they list the driver side and you can get one that way.

Any one with both sides and good wood-grain is usually pretty hesitant to part with it. But if you advertised for the entire dash they might at least know you are in the hunt. How bad is your original dash? You can get some great looking overlays for the gauges and wood grain applique for the rest and get things looking better that way.

There is a new listing on eBay, but at $599 it’s pretty pricey. The wiring is cut up, which isn’t expensive to replace but the metal housing is kind of rusty. If you search the site diligently one will pop up that’s much more reasonable.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/284894559215?hash=item425509fbef:g:H0oAAOSw4apizilm

Took me 4 to 6 months to find a 68 XR7 dash three or four years ago. Was out bid on several and passed on some others. Can only imagine that it is even tougher to find one today. Expect to pay up for anything reasonably good.

If you also want the right dash side you should say if you want one with or without A/C.

Randy Goodling
CCOA #95

That would be awesome and probably be the most needed interior parts! When do you think, the first versions could be available?

At best this time next year. These things take a long time to perfect and test

The appear on craigslist from time to time.

This guy has two for sale:

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/pts/d/hawthorne-cougar-parts/7511207485.html

CWatson

I would jump on this. $275 is a great deal if they aren’t cracked.