68 J Code 4-speed shift linkage part

12/67 SJ built 68 J Code 4 speed (transmission tag RUG E 2 / 033629) - original to the car and shift linkage is in good shape with one exception - this thin wavy tensioner that lives between the lever bracket and the outer shift lever (see the diagram which shows it as part # XX-365-A). This one is broken on one side and shows wear so I would like to replace it thinking eventually it will come apart and allow the levers too much play. Have reached out to the Toploader guys I know of - David Kee in Austin and Dan Williams in NC, but no luck so far.

Can anyone identify this part with a more specific part number and possibly a source for replacement?

Thanks

That is a wave washer.

Try Mark Hammond at Top Loader Heaven.

http://www.toploaderheaven.com/default.html

Thanks for the input and the links. A post on another forum pointed out the part number is actually above the highlighted number in the pic. That and the links led me to exactly what I was looking for. The rebuild kit was up to $50+ on TLH and other sites, but found a guy in MD - Bill Heeley 301-774-6710 - described as the “Ford shifter man” - with a kit for $25 (had a few single wave washers but he uses those on rebuilds).

Much appreciated.

Awesome, does he have a web site?

Not that I’ve found - just the phone number. He did say he had someone locally that manufactures the wave washer, but very slow production. And for anyone else looking for the part, the number is 379575-S. Will post an update when I receive the kit.