68 R Code

Very few people have this sort of thing. Thanks to Jim for finding this and running it to ground.

Wow - like finding piece to a puzzle! Wonder how it ended up at Murphy Lincoln Mercury and with ā€œā€¦radial ply tires on frontā€¦ā€ Very interestingā€¦

Very cool find Royce. I canā€™t imagine why anyone would need tires on an R code after 7,000 miles! Any idea where the car went from there, or did it spend most of itsā€™ life in California?

While it is true I did some ā€œleg workā€ with the production information etc. in determing ā€œwhichā€ R code non-GT-E is could be, the credit for finding the ad belongs to Phil Parcells. He sent it to me. His dedication to using several search apps for newspaper ads back in the day is what made this possible.

Jim

1 Like

No idea. The earliest previous owner that I knew of was in Atlanta, GA.

Yea, just wondering why they would go with radial replacements on the front and use it as a selling point in the ad??

I suspect the rear tires were bald so they moved the good front ones to the rear and installed whatever was handy on the front.

Itā€™s going to be in the Tulsa show next weekend. Lots of cleaning to do.

Thatā€™s great to hear Royce, Iā€™m coming to the show as a spectator and looking forward to seeing it and the rest of the cars. :smiley: