68 S code Cyclone GT

My latest score. 68 GT Introductory show unit. Now looking for parts to make it better.

That’s a very cool Cyclone Don. Did you have any idea that it was a show unit when you purchased it?
Steven

Yes, I saw the Marti report before purchasing it.

Nice going, Don - those are so cool! It’ll look better when you get the rear end down off the jack stands! :wink:

I got the all original GT rims with it as well as two more of the late model mustang rims. I will go with the GT wheels just need tires for them.

Neat car! Those late model Mustang wheels on the back end are really fugly… :nerd:

I noticed the car in the back ground. A 61 or 62 Olds F-85. I had one way back in the mid 70s before I got in to Cougars. It may have the Aluminum block 215 cu/in V8 in it. That was a fun little engine to play with.

I agree with Royce on the late model Mustang wheels.

The Olds is one of the Turbo V8s. Neat little car.

Great looking Cyclone!!!

My parents bought a new 62 F-85 and in less then a year it started over heating. The dealer replaced the radiator because it had aluminum particles plugging it up. The heater quit too. Dealer said this would continue to happen due to the engine alloy and the next radiator would be on us. About a year later the over heating started again and they traded it in.

Cool Cyclone Don!

Funny. Brutish Leland bought the right so build the Buick version of this engine. I’m sure there were some problems with them. But for the most part they were great little engines.

With all the collector hype for the Superbirds. Ford was winning the races on Sunday.

In my home area of central NY, we seemed to have a good quantity of dealer-stock '68 Cyclones with Parchment interiors and 390 S-Codes! Calypso Coral exteriors popped up at least twice, as well as your classic color. Man, what a great non-Cougar Mercury you’ve got there!

Couldn’t help myself. Bought another S code GT. 390 is frozen so I picked up a 428 short block for it.

Larry said that he sold it to you. I sold it to Larry. Red interior with power windows?

Great addition to your collection Don. You must have a super big garage. :smiley:
Steven

Space is tight …lol

Yes he told me you sold it to him. So far I have been robbing parts of it for the Madras blue show unit. I then find myself searching for replacement parts. Just bought 4 GT wheels and center caps for your old car along with a correct carb and an am/fm radio. The am just won’t do.