68 standard cougar c4 console shift

I have been restoring my interior and have a small issue. The shift indicator light does not match up to the position that the shifter in in. Example, when in park the indicator light is to far forward. It’s off one position. I have replaced the select rod. Does this rod come in different length, or is there a way to adjust the light shift indicator sled?

I had the same problem. My car was missing the rod and the light when I bought it, so recently when I was doing some interior upgrades that was on the list. I ordered a new rod and like yours it was too short. I ended up bending some all-thread rod to the same shape but a little less than 1/4" longer. It’s held in place with some plastic nuts that aren’t exactly the correct thread pitch so they won’t back themselves off. If you buy a little extra rod, you’ll have enough in case you don’t get it right the first time. I was lucky. Unfortunately, I didn’t take any pictures.

Thanks. I was thinking the same thing. Just curious
Good idea with the all thread. I tried heavy copper wire.
Hard to keep in place.

Thanks. Been wrestling with he same issue. Will head to hardware tomorrow for some threaded rod

Success. Used M5 threaded rod and nyloc nuts - thanks