68 standard, just a classy driver!

Nice. Looks very similar to the HOK Galaxy Grey

as far as brand of paint It should be PPG

I like your color choice.
Steven

Got the doors hung on Friday. They might need a few adjustments still since I guessed at setting the gaps. Found the specs in the manual so I’m going to double check em before calling it good.

Also got the deck lid on too but that needs adjustment still to be happy with it

Quick question, working on mounting the rear quarter extensions and it looks like the nuts need some sort of rubber washer to seal from water intrusion to the truck.? I found the nuts on wccc but they didn’t appear to have any rubber attached?

Get some 3m strip calk and apply it to the inside cup of the washer. Once tighten it will flow out and provide the seal. You can get it at your local body shop supply store. Also works great for making a seal to install the gas tank.

https://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/company-us/all-3m-products/~/3M-Strip-Calk?N=5002385+8709313+8710891+8711413+3293194020&rt=rud

Thanks Brian for the suggestion. I actually have a box of the strip caulk. I honestly do not not care for it and avoid using it unless necessary. Obviously for the fuel tank, front fenders etc its needed in those locations but it tends to make a mess when wrapped around bolts. Maybe that is just me tho. For this application I prefer to find the correct hardware to replace.

I found the complete kit for 9 bucks that has the studs, nuts with rubber and washers attached to the nuts so that should work just fine. I could get away just using the nuts but the studs are kind boogered anyway and ones missing so better to just buy the kit.

Just an FYI. If you want to add speakers in the front kick panel locations, now is the time to make the cut outs.

Thanks bill, I have been kicking around that idea for a couple weeks. Part of me wants to do it and the other part is asking myself how much am I really going to be listening to the radio? However it can’t hurt to add the pods just in case. It will be a little bit until I get the front end back together and to paint so I have a little bit of time to decide. I have decided to pull the motor out and get the bay painted before the fenders go on. I won’t have time for another week or so to dedicate a full days worth of work.

The hardest part is I literally walk by this thing for 8-10hrs each day all week and can’t work on it! At least when it was in my garage I only saw it once a day! Now all it does is taught me all day long! I do steal an hour after work to do some small stuff when I can

off to paint, should see it back by the end of the week or so however It will probably get shelved for a few months. New baby on the way and lots of things to get done before the march arrival. You better believe I will sneak in a few hours here and there to keep this project moving as much as I can.

Grateful for the deal I was able to get on the body work, without it there would be no way it would be painted already!

Very nice. Those headlight covers look great.

Working on the taillights some, got one complete and need to finish the other. Chrome was good so It needed was some tedious cleaning, painting, and lenses polishing.

More exciting is the paint work is done and she is sitting back in my garage!

I dig the color changes with the magnetic color. This picture it almost appears black!

Again looks black depending on lighting

Patiently waiting back in her home for more parts and time.

Nice!

May i ask what the paint job ran you?

Very nice. I bet it was a great feeling to get your Cougar back home.
Steven

Great colour - very nice

Sure was. Now I can spend more time doing small stuff on the weekends. I have just about everything I need to put the headlights, taillights and bumpers back on. Im really excited to see those back on the car with the new paint. The next stage will be interior which is going to be alot of work and money. Im changing over the color so whats not crusty and being replaced will need to be dyed to match which I have been reading up on different ideas.

Love that color of paint!

Thanks! Its gotten lots complements so far and it has yet to leave my garage. I was hesitate to what the chrome would look like on that color but super stoked on the combo.