68 XR7 basket case

I picked up a 68 cougar last week for my son and I to build for his first car. He had a 65 c10 we were going to start in January, but came across this deal and he likes it better. It’s in at least 600 pieces. It’s as far apart as you can take a car beside the doors and suspension. Fenders and doors are just hanging on there. Body is very solid. Battery apron and radiator support need replaced. Lower front of wheel and back of wheel qtrs and trunk drop offs need some work. Then some around the back window. Car is originally 302 2v. Came with a 351 that’s semi built. Also in pieces. I bought it from the owners nephew who inherited. Story is he drag raced the car and was tearing it apart to make it lighter and motor stronger. From the drive shaft ring and electric water pump sound about right. The motor if good, will go into my 69 Mustang as well as the 9 inch from under it. I will put my fresh rebuilt but mild 302 in his along with 8.8. Appears the car is complete.

Nice, solid projects are always best. I am interested in that 62 Rambler your building. Love to see a picture.

I will post a few pics. It’s a 2 door. Was a complete car which sat from 75 til 4 years ago. Bought it from good friend who’s dad bought it in 67. Motor was stuck. I bought it with minimal ideas of getting it running and putting around in it. That all went out the door. I pulled motor, cut the inner fenders out. Wrapped the frame that was there welded in a mustang II front cross member. Installed tubular control arms. Used roll bar tube to tie the frame to the fire wall to replace the structural aspect of the inner fenders. Pondered putting a 4.6 in it. Sat it in and it was just to wide. Steering and brakes were going to be difficult. So, going with SBF. But I am sitting it aside to work on the Cougar. I have frame connectors built for the rambler. All the hard work is done.