69/70 Cougar Styled Steel wheels. What size you running?

This is how my 70 XR-7 sits, It is a little lower then stock, No air shocks needed.

Thanks. Nice ride; but you knew that already.
left side
Hereā€™s where Iā€™m at, but Iā€™m not sure how well this depicts the tire issue.

1 Like

Retro1, sorry for being so late in replying. Sundays are busy at my place. Iā€™ve had ZERO issues with the BFG 225/70 on the 14 inch original styled steel wheels. I think that look great and accurate for the size and stance of how it left the factory. It is a thin looking tire and not racy looking but thatā€™s how they looked from the factory. My other cars do have 15 inch magnums with bigger tires. I do occasionally here a little rubbing on those but nothing that makes me want to change them.

BSBECK: Thanks for the response, glad to see youā€™re still on the forum. I understand busy Sundays; no worries.

Seven months, yeah, thatā€™s about right for me. I just ordered tires today, theyā€™ll be here by Friday. I wound up going with Cooper Cobras in lieu of BFG T/As based on reviews. Unfortunately they donā€™t make a 225/60r15, only 235 so thatā€™s whatā€™s going on the front. Going with 245/60r15 for the rear because the 26.5" diameter is real close to the F70x14s 26.2". Thanks again for the input.