69-70 Ported 351W Heads

I have a pair of C9OE and D0OE heads (different years, but same casting) set up for 1.94 intake and 1.6 exhaust, stud mount thread-in rockers. New phosphor bronze valve guides. They were checked and are 63cc chambers.

These are bare. They were professionally ported by a local legend, and flow 220 CFM at .50 lift. I don’t have the flow sheets, but believe exhaust was around 175 at the same lift.

These would be easily outperformed by modern aluminum heads for a max effort racer, because of their small ports. However, for a street car, their smaller ports allow for much better low and midrange performance, along with better throttle response and economy! The higher velocity keeps fuel in the mix and fills cylinders better, especially at modest throttle settings.

They do have remnants of paint on them after being hot tanked, but the glyptal in the valleys was applied afterward. I was going to use them until I discovered (too late!) that the chambers were much bigger than the 58cc I had been told by the previous owner. The larger valve size on these increased the chamber volume. It put my current build at a compression ratio too low for my intentions, so I had to buy different heads. My loss, your gain.

I’m just north of Wichita, KS.

Make me an offer.