69 conv xr7 s code dso 84

Found this cougar that was stored away for decades in the back of a garage/barn to add to the collection 1969 Cougar XR7 Convertible S code 390 9F94S530627 76B-I-FG-10M-84-2-U good news all the parts and trim are there and in great condition, some point back in the day there was a intake swap 2 x 4bbl were added to the FE 390 but turns over. med. Lime paint still around trunk and in the interior, looks like a repaint in the 80’s,I new I would need to use that eliminator hood scoop I had some day.

I really like the way the 390 works with the 2.75 rear axle. It has enough torque to break the tires loose in 1st and then it cruises effortlessly at 75 MPH all day. Even doing 45 on surface streets it feels relaxed. Adjust the kick down right and it will instantly drop a gear and haul ass. That is going to be a lot of fun. Although thinking things through I question what rear ratio might be on it to with 2 x 4 carbs?

Thats a great question on the rear end, I wonder that if the gears in the 9" has been swap, I will need to check that.

Great find!

The Ford Tractor Plant delivery address in Birmingham MI is right around the corner from my house. Plant has been gone for years but that brought back memories.

That is an interesting interior color combo. White with Ivy Gold components…

I sent you a PM as well, but if you ever decide not to build this one, please let me know. I have a small collection of DSO 84 cars - two Mustangs and another 69 Cougar XR7 convertible. Would love to talk to you about this one.

Jason