69 cougar bench seat

I believe my cougar originally came with bench seat. Is there a way to hnow for sure?

Post the door data tag info. I believe the bench seat will show up as body code 92

I think 92 in the VIN is for a standard convertible. Yours will be 91 in the VIN. But the body code in the second line is different then a bucket seat car(65A). I think a bend seat car will be 65C. I am not at home by my books at this time and will verify this later.

Here is a link to 1969 Shop manual information, Your VIN will start out 9F91 or 9R91, The first data on the second line will be the body code. It notes that 65A will be for a bucket seat car and 65C is for a bench seat car. If your missing the door tag and it’s a Dearborn built car it should have a buck tag on the core support just above where the R/H grill and fender meet. It should also have the body code. Missing that then you will need a Marti report. I recommend getting one anyway. Good luck and when you can post pictures.

Hello Neal, That’s interesting information. Do you know if the rocker panels on bench seat Cougars would also have 65C stamping? Thanks.

I remember seeing quite a few bench-seat 69s in pick-yer-part in the late 80s-early 90s.

I don’t know if that was the case or not. I don’t know why they used a separate body code for bench seat cars. If I recall last time I took one apart the floor and seat risers had all 8 holes punched in it for bucket seats. And all the trim codes for bench seat Cougars started with the number 4(4A, 4B ect) so as far as I can tell they did not need that separate body code for identification. The bench seat was a fairly low production model. I think it would be fun to find a 69 428CJ 4 speed bench seat Cougar.

Hi Neal, We have a 69 Standard Hdtp that has Black Décor with a bench seat. After reading you last post (thanks for that) I’m going to have to take another look at the data plate. The car has been covered for a few years now, and I don’t recall what the data plate body & trim codes are. Have yet to send for a Marti for the Cougar. Think I’ll also have a look at the rockers to see if a 65C stamping is present. I’ll post info. Thanks again.