69 s code xr7 convertible 390 hood

Good morning
Can anyone tell me if the 390 hood came with a scoop or was it an option. Thanks
The reason I’m asking my paint is beginning to peel where a hood scope would be. And I thought with the bigger motor it would have came with one. Also wasn’t sure why my air filter cover has the chrome design pattern but is blue? I really haven’t looked into the history of the car. I’m not sure if the Marti report would even give me those answers?

The hood scoop was only standard on Eliminators and any other model with a 428CJ Ram air. I can’t say why the paint is pealing on your hood but suspect poor prep work before the last paint job.
The air cleaner for a 1969 390 in a Cougar and Mustang is almost the same as the 1969 non ram air 428CJ and will have that lid but painted. I understand one could get a Chrome dress up kit for it

This is the 1969 Cougar I had about 20 some years ago. I don’t think the Chrome valve covers were original to the car.

Its possible the paint is failing on the hood in that area could be from an old carb fire/backfire that put enough heat on the underside to compromise the paint on the top side.