69 Sequential Tail Lights - R and L on same time?

Hello, after researching previous threads, I may have a unique issue that hasn’t come up yet. When the left turn signal is on, the left inside light comes on along with the right middle and outside lights. The opposite happens when the right signal is on: the inside right light and the left side middle and outside lights come on (they do flash but not sequentially). They’re fairly bright and the harness is brand new. However, the sequential unit/box is the old original. I just ordered a new solid state unit from WCCC and hoping that will fix this weird problem. Anyone else stumble on this?

Actually, I found that the new harness had the green and orange wires reversed into the plug that goes into the sequential unit, the harness is getting fixed - problem solved.

I wish I could say this is the first time I’ve heard of or experienced the new or replacement or repro part being faulty. Unfortunately, I’ve lost count of the times I’ve experienced or read stories like this.

When I replace something and the behavior changes for the worse, I remind myself to go over the replacement part to see how they messed it up.

Good detective work.