Been trying to sort this out since I drove the car yesterday. Not surprised that it was all over the road…
Dang man, seems like when I did my Galaxie about 15 years ago I spent like 5 or 6 hundred bucks!
Never have messed with leaf springs, that’ll be new ground for me.
I know my spreadsheet is lacking part numbers, but just assume I’ve tried my best to pick “good but not outrageous” parts as much as possible. Does it look like I’m missing anything important? Can I reuse the original spring shackles? Do I need U-Bolds, or isolator pads or whatever?
Do I have stuff on my shopping list that I don’t really need to worry about? I was thinking I’d put a bigger sway bar under and add a rear sway bar while I’m in there, but on second thought let’s just do the mostly stock stuff and the stuff that will affect the alignment first. Can always come back for mods later as not many new parts would end up getting replaced anyway.
Hoping for stock ride height or slightly higher. These old cars just look a bit more “alert” to me if they’re a bit higher and I don’t want my Cougar to look tired.
See my old Galaxie for reference. Looked like exactly the right attitude to me.
Thanks! -Wade


