69 XR7 added

Hello All, My Wife and I added a 69 XR7 to our Cat family this past Saturday. Maroon w/ Black Interior. 351W-2V, FMX, A/C (functional), PB (drums???), PS, AM/FM Stereo, Floor Console. 65K original miles. Looking forward to getting our Cougar’s Marti report, and I will be removing the rear seat & taking the carpet loose in search of a build sheet. Our ole dependable car trailer needs a little paint… 28 years old, but pulls fantastic.

John, (previous owner)

John, (previous owner)

Will, (our Son in Law), and I

Home in our driveway

Home in our driveway

Looks like a great car. Congratulations!

Very nice, I found my 69 build sheet taped to the Toeboard on the passenger side at the top of the trans tunnel. And another 69 I found it under the carpet passenger side back floorboard.

Nice car & color combo, lotsa luck w/it.

…and don’t worry, that is (by far) NOT the ugliest trailer around the CCC. :whistle:

Welcome and Congrats! Please share the VIN and keep us updated on your progress. Love the 69 XR7! She looks like a close cousin to my car: 351W-2V PB, PS, Vinyl top, AC, FMX tran, AM/FM Stereo, floor console.

Hello All, and thanks for the comments. This XR7’s VIN is: 9F93H530175, and likely not in the CCOA database… haven’t forwarded to Phil as of yet. The Black interior in this XR7 is immaculate, and in need of nothing but a driver side window crank knob. I need to debug a few instrument issues. The fuel & temp gauges are not currently working. So, I need to determine the root problem with both… will start by 100% grounding the point of use wiring to see if the gauges peg over, and go from there. The previous owner’s (John & Mary) enjoyed the Cougar between; 12-2015 and our purchase. Prior to those dates, the car was stored for approximately 23 years without seeing the pavement. John addressed the fuel system issues that had resulted from storage. In the short term, I plan to rebuild the front suspension over this coming Winter, and also convert the front drum brakes to disc. She’s a little loose, and the way TOO big 235-60R15 tires are likely contributing to wear & tear on the original 69 components.
Long term; some partial repaint; front valance, hood, & top sides of fenders, w/ addition of a right sport mirror.

Scott, your Black 69 XR7 is a very nice looking ride! Hope to meet you in person sometime soon.