70 xr7 dash wiring

Looking for some help with 4 connections. I have the wiring diagrams but feel like I am missing something. Pics attached of the 4 wires I cannot figure out what they go to.

Ok, here goes, #1 I believe is for the radio (dual connector), and the single i’m not sure here , but heater circuit possibly
#2 That is for that distributor system for 70 emissions
#3 XR-7 clock
#4 is for the tachometer ( dual w/ wrap on wire) Not sure on 3 wire connector above it

Believe the single green is the AC compressor clutch power

Is it by any chance a power window or rear defogger car? The single green wire is part of the AC clutch wiring and the length makes me think it goes down to the micro switch on the climate control selector. #2- I agree emissions connector, #3 being 3 wires, I am thinking the blower speed resistor. #4 agree the red wires is for the tach, the 3 pin connector looks like a power window connector.

Adding to the post with another pic. I have a

green connector that I think is left empty but don’t want to put the dash back in until I could ask some folks. The dash has been out 13-14 years so I don’t remember.

That connector is for a clock, and if on a Mustang, the map light also plugs into it.

…and #3 above is actually the blower resistor plug
The top 3 wire connector in #4 is the other end of those same blower resistor wires that plugs into another harness that goes to the actual blower switch on the HVAC controls for cars with AC

The black connector in the pic is for the clock. I’m referring to the green connector that has two female holes. Oh and '70 Cougar.

It doesn’t look like a connector in your pic, but I’m pretty sure that second green 2 pin connector is where the harness to your map light above the glove box plugs in. Is that right Midlife?

I have that pic. Maybe I’m looking at it wrong. Here is another pic.

The one green connector that is plugged into the other green connector has two male plugs. The other green connector has two female slots. I thought the map light plugged into the black connector I have sticking up. It has a brown wire with a yellow stripe just like the map light. There’s not another plug with two male plugs which made me think it wasn’t used.

I just found it on another schematic. It is for a " to conven. check" so it is left blank.

Thank you for the help guys. Very much appreciated.

Ok, yes that’s right. Good find! So your car must be an XR7 with map light switch on the middle dash panel. My schematic was apparently for standard Cougar with map light switch on the map light assy.