'71 to '73 XR-7 Low Fuel Sender Rebuilt no Core Required

Completely rebuilt and hand calibrated Low Fuel Sender for 71’ to '73 Cougar XR-7

New thermistor, improved style brass float, filter and seal ring read for installation.

$250 includes shipping via Priority Mail in the USA. Contact me for international shipping.

This is the sending unit used in the 1971 through '73 Cougar XR-7. (except 429CJ)

This sender has two active terminal posts. One provides the signal for fuel level and the other provides the signal for the low fuel warning. The fuel level is measured by a variable resistor inside a triangle shaped metal housing. The low fuel warning is provided by a thermistor housed in the brass bullet.

This sender comes equipped with a new filter, brass float, tank seal ring, and thermistor. Each sender is hand calibrated to factory specifications and individually tested in the original factory circuit including an original Ford Instrument Voltage Regulator and Fuel Gauge. The thermistor is tested using all original Ford circuit parts.

In 1971 the fuel tank was reconfigured and reduced to 20 gallon capacity. Where the earlier Cougars used a sender that installed from the rear of the tank this sender installs from the top. After changing senders every year since 1967 this sender fits all '71 through '73 Cougars. This is the correct 3/8" sender marked with the Ford part number D1WF-9275-AB. If you are lucky enough to have the 429CJ you will need D1WF-9275-AC with an additional return fuel line. I have never actually seen one of these…

I can also rebuild your good core for $125!